I asked Kamran if he had heard about the controversy over the recent notice issued by Mole Valley and he had not. He has however agreed to acquaint himself of the situation with Inspector Terri Poulton.
I have given him my name, address and telephone number and he has said he will visit me next week when he is on duty in the village to update! If anyone has a view and would like to send it to me I will be happy to open up a dialogue with Surrey Police. The outcry from Cycling Weekly is clear but I would say the best way forward if at all possible is to have a grown up dialogue between cyclist, motorists and the police and if a better understanding can be engendered then maybe some good can come out of the local officers genuine concern!
Author: mike morley
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment. Comments are occasionally sent to the admins for approval, so your comment may not appear immediately.