Friday, 21 February 2014

Hilly 50 Sat 8 March

 Do not be alarmed but just to forewarn shortly after the start at Rykas having gone past the Stepping Stones Pub and past West Humble station you will approach the first climb up Ranmoor to be confronted by the road closure due to the emergence according to a local resident of an ancient spring that has sprung from the adjacent field for the first time in around 60 years! It is apparently almost knee high at it's deepest and I fear may not subside by the 8 March. I had planned to survey the route with the help of Chris & Karolina from Bike Bean. So watch this space we may have to modify the route! If we do I plan to attack Ranmore from the Dorking end (up the down bit we normally do), do a U turn at the church of the North Downs way junction and descend  back down Ranmore and thus follow the published route. A marshal volunteer is sought for this maneuver! Lets hope that with some dry weather the flood will have subsided by the 8th March. I will update nearer the time and an announcement will be made at the 10am start.


Author: mike morley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Comments are occasionally sent to the admins for approval, so your comment may not appear immediately.